10 Questions ...
Profession: Happily retired
Dog-sport involvement: Past breeder/exhibitor of Golden Retrievers, Whippets, Greyhounds, PBGV and Cavaliers. AKC judge. Lifetime member of the Golden Retriever Club of America. Also their judges education chair and an annual volunteer at their national specialty. President and show chair for Sandlapper Golden Retriever Club. Board member and show chair for Blue Ridge Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club. Founding member of multiple breed clubs (Goldens, PBGV, Cavaliers and GBGV).
Hometown: Swannanoa, North Carolina
Astrological sign: Aquarius
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
“Bridgerton,” “Downton Abbey.”
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
That’s way beyond my abilities.
4. Most valued material possession?
My home, but those of greatest value are immaterial.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
Eleanor Roosevelt sent my parents a congratulations card when I was born.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
I’ve worked hard to stop comparing myself and to accept who I am.
7. What are you “famous” for?
I don’t consider myself “famous” at all.
8. What website do you visit most often?
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Most memorable were those achieved at multiple GRCA national specialties, especially retiring the Stud Dog Trophy with Ch. Pepperhill’s Basically Bear.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“Would you like to judge Golden Retrievers at Westminster Kennel Club?”