10 Questions ...
Profession: Retired restaurateur and AKC dog-show judge
Dog-sport involvement: Judge, board member of the Sun Maid Kennel Club of Fresno and Dog Judges Association of America, and member of Morris and Essex Kennel Club
Hometown: Fresno, California
Astrological sign: Taurus
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
Ha ha! My shoes must always be polished.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
“Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.”
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Appoint Mari-Beth O'Neill as my successor!
4. Most valued material possession?
Probably my home. It is where my family all gathers and many memories are created. And, of course, my Royal Doulton dog collection!
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I was a complete nerd in school and found my joy and passion in the sport of purebred dogs!
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
I strive every day to be more like my mom. She was the kindest and most loving person on the planet. She looked for the good in everyone — not always an easy task.
7. What are you “famous” for?
I am famous for being the former owner/operator of The Lime Lite Restaurant. Also famous for being the luckiest father, grandfather and husband!
8. What website do you visit most often?
Facebook. I love keeping up with friends and family around the world.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat and what was it?
I draw from my brother's mantra to answer this question: “There's no future in the past,” so defeats are quickly forgotten. Most memorable and satisfying was Winners Bitch for my homebred Bichon Frise at the national and her many group wins and BIS that followed!
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“How in the world did you pick all six of the winning lottery numbers today?”