Retired from any real profession years ago. Now occasionally writing!
Hometown: Pepper Pike, Ohio
Astrological sign: Virgo
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
Yes, my catalog numbers, which in any combination made 7, 13 or 20!
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
“Jeopardy” or any quiz program, and “Finding Your Roots.”
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
I would immediately hire a reputable PR company with these instructions: Regardless of fee, come up with a concept to rebuild the AKC image as the go-to authority about anything dogs, plus attempting to change the misconception that mixed breeds are supposedly healthier than those coming with an AKC pedigree from a reputable breeder.
I would also cut all ties with puppy mills, regardless of the earning potential from that source. Even if I had to reduce my salary by 50%!
4. Most valued material possession?
My home, wherever it might be at any time.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
That I am actually deep down a very nice, humble, shy and modest person.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
Don't want to offend anybody ...
7. What are you “famous” for?
Being an arrogant bastard who bred some nice Fox Terriers, Cockers, Greyhounds and Whippets.
8. What website do you visit most often?
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Very tricky. I don't think any of my Dog of the Year, Pup of the Year, countless all-breed Bests in Show can match the joy of winning my first Challenge Certificate with a homebred Wire Fox Terrier.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
Are you still up for adoption?