10 Questions ...
Profession: VP of procurement for a major education company
Dog-sport involvement: Breeder of Afghan Hounds for 30 years. Owner-handler, show chair, parent-club president, judge and recently one of the new owners of the International Kennel Club of Chicago
Hometown: Ingleside, Illinois
Astrological sign: Gemini
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
Not until this past year, when a very good friend sent us the lucky socks! 23 Best in Shows in those socks.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
HGTV. It makes me happy.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Thank every last employee for all the incredible work they have done keeping our sport going during this pandemic. From the field reps to the customer service folks to the board. Everyone pulled together and did some amazing things to keep the sport alive.
4. Most valued material possession?
Our home … a sanctuary of solitude and peace in a crazy world.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I cry at just about any sappy movie, show or commercial.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
In all fairness, my mother. I always try to emulate her, be as strong, caring and driven. She is my north star.
7. What are you “famous” for?
Falling in the ring.
8. What website do you visit most often?
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Going Best of Opposite Sex at the Afghan national under the one and only Gerda Kennedy. I think that was both feelings in one ribbon, and the honor of a lifetime.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
What was your favorite dog of all time of any breed?