10 Questions ...
Profession: Former dog handler, former quality manager
Dog-sport involvement: Second-generation dog person, professional handler, now dog judge
Hometown: Elgin, Illinois
Astrological sign: Taurus
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
I am not the superstitious type.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
Cooking shows on Netflix.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
I see two major areas of concern: The number of dog shows and the small entries at many. How can a club survive costs with entries of 250 or 300? The second is the shrinking numbers of young people involved in dogs. And there are no easy answers to these issues.
4. Most valued material possession?
My 2011 Prius, which is paid for and costs very little to operate.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
That I appeared on a TV show in Chicago as a very young person. It was the Princess Mary show on WGN-TV.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
I have never thought about comparing myself to anyone. I am sure there are people out there who have some ideas.
7. What are you “famous” for?
Maybe that 9:02 a.m. of my very first judging assignment I disqualified the very first dog I judged, or in this case tried to. A Rottweiler puppy dog tried to eat me.
8. What website do you visit most often?
Google and YouTube to find out how to fix all the stuff that breaks here at the house.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
A difficult question to answer — as a handler there were so many of both. You learn to recover from the losses and be grateful for the wins.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
I am always willing to answer questions; you seem to have covered it well.