10 Questions ...
Profession: BA Communications/history; post-graduate degrees in accounting and law.
Dog-sport involvement: Breeder, exhibitor in conformation and (in the past) obedience, judge, delegate, specialty-show chair, active club member
Hometown: Longview, Texas
Astrological sign: Libra
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
No dog-show superstitions.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
Brit Box mysteries.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
I would launch a comprehensive campaign targeting all aspects of society (the general public, veterinarians, the fancy, legislators) about the value of purebred dogs bred to the standard.
4. Most valued material possession?
My house nestled in the woods. Love my wrap-around porch – a peaceful spot.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I am very shy.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
Cassandra of Troy. I tend to see unintended consequences that others do not see.
7. What are you “famous” for?
My thirst for knowledge.
8. What website do you visit most often?
AKC.org, due to all the delegate and club activities.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Though I treasure the Best in Shows and specialty wins, I appreciate irony. After verbally opposing the rule change that gave three-point majors at nationals to reserve winners, we finished one of our girls by going RWB at the first Bulldog national following the rule change.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
To join them for a night of good food and conversation.