10 Questions ...
Dog-sport involvement: Breeder/owner/handler
Hometown: Loma Rica, California
Astrological sign: Scorpio
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
Too many to count.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
Taylor Swift’s “Miss Americana” documentary.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Two weekend dates a year that are blocked off so that no AKC events of any kind can be held. Maybe then Stuart and I could get married.
4. Most valued material possession?
Absolutely the signed copy of Audrey Mulligan’s “Borzoi Blueprints” that Elisabeth Szymanski recently gave me.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I am a very picky eater.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
No one, so I guess Stuart McGraw, since he is here, but we have rather different skill sets.
7. What are you “famous” for?
My memory for dog names, pedigrees and other dog-show-related facts.
8. What website do you visit most often?
The Borzoi Breed Archives.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Definitely win, and it was my heart dog Flame winning a Group 3 at Westminster. Watching her daughter Cider win the group this year was almost as good.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“Would you like a free first-class upgrade?”