10 Questions ...
Profession: Professional handler
Dog-sport involvement: Breeder, owner and professional handler
Hometown: Hallam, Pennsylvania
Astrological sign: Aries
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
Tons. The one that started long ago is keeping rubber bands until I lose with them. My ringside bag is full of mementos and lucky trinkets.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
Cheesy Netflix romcoms.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Not allow Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday dog shows. Require judges to retake breed exams on a regular basis so they are constantly re-reading standards. Make an incentive for clubs to hire provisional and new judges instead of alternating between the same judges every year.
4. Most valued material possession?
My wedding ring.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I’m fluent in Portuguese.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
The person I want to be.
7. What are you “famous” for?
I bred “Oakley,” the GWP that Phil Booth campaigned to number-one dog all breeds in 2012. Currently I am campaigning the top-winning Spinone Italiano of all time, “Josie.”
8. What website do you visit most often?
Canine Chronicle events calendar.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
Satisfying win: Josie’s first group win during Covid in Brooksville at the Manatee Kennel Club. The groups were Westminster quality, and it sparked Josie’s career.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
"Would you like me to babysit, clean the house and kennel while you enjoy this margarita by the pool?"