10 Questions ...
Profession: Refinery machinist/logistics coordinator
Dog-sport involvement: Breeder, owner, handler, mentor, judges-education liaison, multiple kennel-club member
Hometown: Grand Bay, Alabama
Astrological sign: Pisces
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
A small one — wearing my Mufasa necklace my husband gave me.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
The “Yellowstone” series and spinoff, “Chicago Fire.”
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Divide the Hound Group into Sight and Scent.
4. Most valued material possession?
I'm not materialistic. My family and my dogs are most valued.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I have a musical background.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
I don't compare myself to anyone. I'd like to compare myself to my mother, but I cannot hold that candle.
7. What are you “famous” for?
Redbone Coonhounds in every aspect — breeding, showing and hunting. They call me "Ms. Redbone." And my cooking.
8. What website do you visit most often?
Lots of dog-related sites. Amazon — guilty.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
My most memorable win was winning the AKC Coonhound World Championship with Mufasa, a dog I bred and handled and paved the way for the breed with AKC.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
Ask me EVERYTHING about Redbone Coonhounds, and Coonhounds in general. I'm a LIFETIME breeder. I love sharing knowledge.