Ten Questions ...
Profession: Professional dog handler, retired semiconductor sales manager, television producer and professional makeup artist
Dog-sport involvement: Second-generation breeder and professional handler
Hometown: Fairview, Texas
Astrological sign: Pisces
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
Oh, SO many, and I am always wearing a little something that was a good-luck charm given to me as a gift.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
Dateline! I record them all! Below Deck and Hallmark movies.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
I would want to develop a mentor program that would help young people learn the fine art of breeding to help continue our sport.
4. Most valued material possession?
My wedding ring.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
That I actually wear clothing that isn’t black.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
I’ve always tried to be my own person, so I wouldn’t compare myself to anyone!
7. What are you “famous” for?
Grooming and showing white dogs.
8. What website do you visit most often?
Hilton or infodog.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
I have been very blessed in my dog career to have had many wins that I cherish, so it is difficult to just choose one. And as far as defeats go, I believe every defeat is a lesson and to try not to be disappointed.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“Do you and JD want to borrow my yacht for a month and sail the Mediterranean?”