10 Questions ...
10 QUESTIONS …
Dog-sport involvement: Former Junior handler and pro-handler's assistant, Dachshund breeder, AKC judge and show chairman for the Harvest Moon Classic Cluster.
Hometown: Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and for the past 20 years in the Bay Area (currently Oakland, California).
Astrological sign: Gemini
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
I have no superstitions, per se, but before entering the ring I always try to envision a stellar show performance.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
"RuPaul's Drag Race"!
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Formalize a mentorship program to encourage newcomers entering the sport of dogs.
4. Most valued material possession?
My wedding ring, as it symbolizes the partnership with my biggest supporter, Eric.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I'm at level 12,363 in Candy Crush at the time of this interview!
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
I try to not compare myself to others but have many people I look up to and strive to embody in the sport, including excellent breeders, handlers and astute judges.
7. What are you “famous” for?
Famous? More like "infamous"!
8. What website do you visit most often?
With the Harvest Moon Classic Cluster around the corner, AKC.org is at the top of the list! Or does Candy Crush count?
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
I don't dwell on defeats, but use them as a learning experience. With that being said, winning with homebred dogs during the national weekend is always special. However, being awarded BOV (and BOS/BOB) at the Dachshund national was quite memorable.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
“You seem to have a lot on your plate, would you like the day off?”