10 Questions ...
Profession: Former special-needs kindergarten instructor, garden and floral designer, plant hybridizer
Dog-sport involvement: Breeder, exhibitor and judge
Hometown: Beautiful Appalachian Ohio
Astrological sign: Leo
1. Do you have any dog-show superstitions?
If your dog pees on your foot, a nice win will follow.
2. TV-show guilty pleasure?
Absolutely without doubt, Bridgerton. After the first show I thought, uggh. Now totally addicted, especially to the music, which I loop at work all day.
3. If you were president of AKC for one day, what would you do?
Take a couple of painkillers, have a nice glass of Scotch and go to bed. God bless anyone in the position. I mean this quite seriously. It may pay well, but making our community happy is a tough job. In my business, I charge more for tough customers. We are all tough customers if we've been at the game for a while. Everyone has an opinion ... we are an opinion-based community at our roots.
4. Most valued material possession?
Our home and my wedding ring.
5. What is something no one would guess about you?
I cry, very easily.
6. Who would you compare yourself to?
My father. I walk like him, talk like him, and think like him. I loved him dearly and miss him every day.
7. What are you “famous” for?
In dogs, Griffons. In the real world, plants.
8. What website do you visit most often?
www.invaluable.com, a worldwide art auction site.
9. What was more memorable, your most satisfying win or disappointing defeat? And what was it?
The most satisfying win was BOB and BOS at the Garden, and then the two switched placements at the national one month later. Thanks to Keith and Joann, Suzy and Crouse for letting it happen. It was a pleasure to work with these great dog people. Another win is getting to know my dear brother and sister-in-law better through dogs than family.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
At the pearly gates ... "If you get to come back and try again, do you think you can do better next time?"